Monday, November 12, 2012

A Plea to my Readers

A snapshot from a recent weekend ride near Boulder.
Hi all;
I deeply appreciate how many people take the time to read my blog. Numbers have been increasing rapidly and I'm impressed (and kind of intimidated) by the volume of people who are flipping through my blog entries on a daily basis. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have a couple of very small favors to ask.

First, I would love it, absolutely love it, if you would "like" my page on Facebook. It's kind of an ego thing, but it also streamlines content delivery. If you don't use an RSS reader to get automatic updates when I add new content (which of course you already do), then liking Cycling Through History on Facebook (you can see the link in the sidebar to your right!) means that you'll get updated in your Facebook stream.

Second, if you liked what you read, or found it slightly informative, please +1 my articles on Google. This helps dramatically with page ranking and means that my posts will become more relevant in the Google search algorithm, and that more people will potentially be able to read what I have written.

Both of these favors are profoundly self-serving and I have no illusions about that, but I would greatly appreciate it if you would take the time to helpo me out with these two simple tasks.

Thank you again for reading,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment